Who Is In FrostClan

Prophecy

The time is coming when the two,
In all their power come
Be ready for that day, blessed day,
When your worries shall be done.

The time may be soon,
But it also may be later
So be ready, don't waver
Lest soon become later.




Announcements

Please help stock the fresh-kill pile with prey.
Or...
Go on a patrol and report something. (I may include it in my story!)

If anyone has questions or comments, please post them at my den. example: names you want for apprentices becoming warriors, or if you want your kits to be apprenticed.





Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Story Part 26 Part 2 *A Full Moon Gathering*

Etharpaw, Eaglepaw, and a reluctant Winterpaw, walked around introducing themselves. Etharpaw walked up to a dusty brown apprentice. "Hi, I'm Etharpaw, and my brothers are Eaglepaw and Winterpaw. What's your name?"
"I'm Dustpaw, from PowerClan," he said. "Nice to meet you. You're from FrostClan, right?"
"Yep!" mewed Eaglepaw.
"Who are you talking to, Dustpaw?" asked a dappled gray and white apprentice, also from PowerClan.
"Oh. These are Etharpaw, Eaglepaw, and Winterpaw. They're from FrostClan." meowed Dustpaw. "This is my sister, Starpaw."
"Cool," mewed Etharpaw. "So, do you guys really have powers?"
"Well, duh!" exclaimed Starpaw. "Why else would it be called PowerClan?"
"I can teleport and read minds," mewed Dustpaw.
"And I can manipulate plant growth," Starpaw mewed.
"Cool! Show us!" Eaglepaw and Etharpaw mewed in unison.
"Alright, but don't be too drastic about it," came a voice from behind Etharpaw and her brothers. They whirled around. "I'm Beachfur, Starpaw and Dustpaw's father. I see the future." He squinted at Etharpaw. "I see a bright future for you, chosen one." Then he walked away.
"Well, that was strange," commented Eaglepaw.
"Nah," scoffed Starpaw. "He's always doing that. You kinda get used to it. Anyways, let me show you my power!" She crouched down, closed her eyes, and concentrated. A single stem of grass grew. Slowly at first, then faster. Soon it was a few whisker lengths taller than the others. "See!" she announced, beaming proudly.
"Whoa! Way cool!!!" gasped all three of the FrostClan apprentices.
"Now I'll show you my power," mewed Dustpaw. He flicked his tail at a tree many tail-lengths away. "I will disappear from here, appear over there, and then come back too."
"Show-off," muttered Starpaw.
Dustpaw suddenly disappeared. Then he reappeared by the tree. Next, he disappeared from there, and didn't come back.
"Where'd he go?" asked Winterpaw.
Starpaw sighed, "He's probably right behind us." And sure enough, there he was.
"Alright, that was fun," he exclaimed. "Next, I'll read someone's mind. Eaglepaw, think of an object and tell Starpaw what it is. Then I'll read your mind and Starpaw'll tell me if I'm right."
"Okay," Eaglepaw mewed. He thought hard, and came up with something.
"Totem pole," he whispered to Starpaw. Dustpaw had teleported across the clearing, so there was no way he could have heard. If Starpaw wondered what a totem pole was, she didn't say. "Ready!" called Eaglepaw.
Dustpaw appeared in front of them. He narrowed his eyes and stared seemingly straight through Eaglepaw. "Hmm... You told Starpaw.... totem pole!"
Eaglepaw gasped. This couldn't have been a luck guess. "You're right."
"See!" crowed Dustpaw, what did I tell you?"
"That's all fine and dandy, but playtime's over. The gathering's starting," Etharpaw told them in a quiet voice. They turned their attention to the Clan leaders.
---Later---
"Whew! That was a great gathering," announced Etharpaw. "But now I'm totally tired. Let's get to bed."
"Yes," chorused her brothers.

2 comments: