Who Is In FrostClan

Prophecy

The time is coming when the two,
In all their power come
Be ready for that day, blessed day,
When your worries shall be done.

The time may be soon,
But it also may be later
So be ready, don't waver
Lest soon become later.




Announcements

Please help stock the fresh-kill pile with prey.
Or...
Go on a patrol and report something. (I may include it in my story!)

If anyone has questions or comments, please post them at my den. example: names you want for apprentices becoming warriors, or if you want your kits to be apprenticed.





Saturday, August 6, 2011

Story Part 25 Part 1 * Secrets {Farewell}*

Eaglepaw was frozen in indecision. It's now or never. He picked up his vole and padded into the elder's den. "Here, Shortwhisker, this is for you."
"I suppose you want to ask me something, or you wouldn't have come," mewed Shortwhisker.
"Yeah," Eaglepaw meowed. "I was wondering what a totem pole is. I just randomly thought of it the other day. Is it, like, two-leg lingo?"
"Right indeed! A totem pole is either a pole or post erected by Indians of the northwestern coastline of North America, especially in front of their houses. The second definition is a hierarchy system," announced Shortwhisker, who had picked her way through the definition carefully, translating the two-leg words.
"Thanks," Eaglepaw turned to leave, but was too late.
"Wait, why don't you change my bedding while you're here," the elder suggested, or should I say, commanded.
Eaglepaw heaved a sigh as soon as he was out of hearing range. "I should have known, but I had to risk it," he mumbled to himself.
*     *     *     *     *
The shadowy figures heads never turned as she approached. One spoke, his voice soft, but full of power. "We have made our decision."
"Our decision," the other figure echoed. Snowstar almost started, but held herself back. Ashfire had hardly ever spoken. Usually only Lionflame spoke. For both of them.
"You asked us to join your Clan," continued Ashfire, the second speaker who rarely spoke. "We give you our sincere apologies that we cannot join your Clan."
"C-c-cannot?" stuttered Snowstar. She would have understood if he had said they didn't wish to join, but COULD NOT? It didn't make sense.
"I can see you are surprised," continued Ashfire. "You expected us to say we didn't wish to join, but we truly cannot. Our work in life takes us elsewhere."
"Oh," mewed Snowstar.
"You would never fully understand us, so we won't try to explain," mewed Ashfire in a whisper. "All I can tell you is this:

The time is coming when the two,
In all their power come
Be ready for that day, blessed day,
When your worries shall be done.

The time may be soon,
But it also may be later
So be ready, don't waver
Lest soon become later." 

Snowstar gaped. This prophecy is even more confusing than the other ones.
Ashfire sighed. "I only wish I could explain it all to you, but it is not up to me to mess with time and space. But know this; of all the prophecies you have received, this one comes not from StarClan, but from an even greater power."
"And now we both bid you farewell," Lionflame mewed softly.
"Know that this is not the last time we will meet," mewed Ashfire confidentially.
"I-I don't know how to respond," Snowstar mewed. "Farewell for now, I guess."
"Farewell."
"Farewell."
Lionflame and Ashfire left her then, and headed out through the tunnel. She watched them go, staring after them long after the tunnel's leaves had stopped rustling. Snowstar shook her head. I need some time alone to think. She padded out through the tunnel and found her paws taking her toward the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment