Who Is In FrostClan

Prophecy

The time is coming when the two,
In all their power come
Be ready for that day, blessed day,
When your worries shall be done.

The time may be soon,
But it also may be later
So be ready, don't waver
Lest soon become later.




Announcements

Please help stock the fresh-kill pile with prey.
Or...
Go on a patrol and report something. (I may include it in my story!)

If anyone has questions or comments, please post them at my den. example: names you want for apprentices becoming warriors, or if you want your kits to be apprenticed.





Thursday, September 29, 2011

Story Part 28 *Sharing Thoughts*

As Etharpaw strode into camp grandly, Snowstar was relaxing from her duties as leader for a few moments and enjoying peace. She was sunning herself on a rock, soaking up the last of the leaf-fall sun. When Etharpaw's shadow fell on her, she looked up drowsily.
"Etharpaw?" she asked.
"Yeah, it's me," came the answer.
"What's wrong?" Snowstar asked, still drowsy.
"You didn't tell me about the prophecy," Etharpaw mewed, somewhat annoyed. "And it was about me."
Snowstar sat bolt up-right. "Did Ashfire say that? The prophecy is about you?"
"No and yes," answered Etharpaw. "Lionflame told me."
"Well, I received three prophecies, one from StarClan, and two from Lionflame and Ashfire. The first I received has been fulfilled, and also the second. The third, I just recently got. That must be the one about you. Here it is...
'The time is coming when the two,
In all their power come
Be ready for that day, blessed day,
When your worries shall be done.

The time may be soon,
But it also may be later
So be ready, don't waver
Lest soon become later.'
If you don't get the first line, it's because it came from the first prophecy, the one from StarClan." mewed Snowstar.
Etharpaw stood there for a bit. "Confusing! How am I supposed to know what that means? I am only one cat, not two! How can it be me in the prophecy?"
Snowstar sighed. "I don't know. That's the thing about prophecies. They often speak in riddle, and are hard to understand. That's one reason why I didn't tell you about it. Also, I had only just gotten it days ago."
"I understand now," mewed Etharpaw.
"I don't understand why you got here!" came a voice behind the mother and daughter.
"Winterpaw!" yelped Etharpaw. "I'm sorry. I just had to come back right away. Did you catch anything?"
"Yep!" cried Winterpaw. "I caught that fish on the pile. I've got to go back and get Eaglepaw's now."
"Why?" asked Snowstar, puzzled. "He should be able to take care of his own fresh-kill."
"Oh, well," stuttered Winterpaw, feeling embarrassed for his brother. "He went off without it. He thought you had been carried off by an eagle, Etharpaw, and now he wants to hunt it down to save you and earn his warrior name, Eagleslayer."
Etharpaw snorted. "What a ridiculous idea. Why would an eagle carry me off?"
"Well, you know how... imaginative Eaglepaw can be," meowed Winterpaw.
"Thts rght, E hv e grt magntn," came a choked call from behind them.
What? Etharpaw and Winterpaw thought.
"Eaglepaw, put that down and answer properly," Snowstar mewed briskly.
Eaglepaw dropped the fish on the pile and padded over. "I said; that's right, I have a great imagination." He then turned to Snowstar. "I'm sorry I couldn't bring the eagle back to camp, O Great And Mighty Leader, but it was too heavy to drag back to camp. I feel ready to receive my warrior name, Eagleslayer now, though!"
Snowstar rolled her eyes. "That's too bad, Eaglepaw."
"Yeah," Etharpaw decided to play along too. "Now we'll have to name you Eaglelooser."
"What!" yowled Eaglepaw in protest. "I killed it, I just didn't bring it back."
"Fine," mewed Winterpaw. "You can be Eagleslayer-who-couldn't-bring-the-eagle-back-as-proof."
"Nah," mewed Etharpaw. "That's too much of a mouthful. I'd never be able to say that every time I needed to talk to Eaglepaw."
"I'll think of a wonderful name for you when you become a warrior, dear," Snowstar looked at Eaglepaw, and then turned her attention to her other kits. "You also."
"Thanks, mom," her kits chorused as Snowstar beamed at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment