Who Is In FrostClan

Prophecy

The time is coming when the two,
In all their power come
Be ready for that day, blessed day,
When your worries shall be done.

The time may be soon,
But it also may be later
So be ready, don't waver
Lest soon become later.




Announcements

Please help stock the fresh-kill pile with prey.
Or...
Go on a patrol and report something. (I may include it in my story!)

If anyone has questions or comments, please post them at my den. example: names you want for apprentices becoming warriors, or if you want your kits to be apprenticed.





Sunday, July 24, 2011

Story Part 23 *Thoughts*

Etharpaw wanted to disappear.
"And that's how Etharpaw caught the fish," Blackslash had just finished the story of her falling in the river and using the fish as an excuse.
She felt she would be ashamed forever. So what, she thought. I'll defend myself now.
"Well you see, I was trying out a new hunting method. Different animals catch fish in different ways. Bears catch them by swiping them out of the river. Twolegs use sticks that they point and then pull in fish on an invisible string..."
Etharpaw would have gone on, but someone in the crowd scornfully mewed "What creature catches fish by falling in a river?"
"I didn't fall in!" she cried. "And otters catch fish by swimming in the water, just like I did."
Hisses of annoyance filled the air. Etharpaw pushed her belly to the ground, trying to hide, but it wouldn't go away. The sound rose in a crescendo, louder and louder and louder....
"STOP!" she screeched.
"Stop what?" asked Eaglepaw groggily.
Oh, it was just a dream. "Nevermind," Etharpaw mewed. Her mew was strong but silent, the nightmare had jerked her awake.
It was just a dream, it was just a dream. It didn't happen, it didn't happen, she told herself over and over. Actually, Blackslash had never told anyone of her terrible mistake. He had known, but had kept it a total secret, not even saying anything when cats congratulated her on her catch. I wonder why, was her last thought before she drifted back to sleep.
*     In The Warrior's Den     *
I bet Etharpaw's wondering why I didn't tell on her, thought Blackslash. And then, another thought popped into his head. Is it wrong to fall in love with my own apprentice? Hmm...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment